How to use "SeeClickFix"
- Citizens start here.
- In the box under "citizens get started," type in your city, neighborhood, or zip. Experiment with the map or lists of neighborhoods till you find the area you want to work within. I'd recommend your city, since the site is new.
- Check out to see what problems your neighbors have reported. But probably there won't be any, since SeeClickFix is new.
- Next, report your first problem. Click on the tab "report an issue."
- Indicate where your issue is. You can type in an address, or you can use the map to drag the symbol over the right location. Use the arrows to move the map till it covers your area. When done, click "go to step 2."
- State the problem. First enter something short and clear in the "summary" blank. This will be the name of your problem, so make it short, clear, and descriptive. If more details are needed, you can add them in the space below.
- Next, it's highly recommended to add a photo.
- Add your e-mail address in the blank. It will not be shared with the public.
- When you are done entering, click on "report your issue."
- Next, wait for a bit while your photo and report are uploaded. Next, you will see some suggestions above for what to do next. For example, you can email your report to your facebook friends, or you can even print a ready-made flier to slip under your neighbor's door.
Think of SeeClickFix as a public bulletin board where problems are aired and people work together to solve them.
It's a great new tool for citizens--but if no one picks up the tool, no work gets done.